Please Note: The last emergency kit in stock will come in the red bag pictured. Due to a large price increase we will have the same kit in different bags in early 2017.
We have replaced the 10cc syringes with one 35cc syringe to make feeding critical care easier. If you have purchased an emergency kit before July 2016 and would like the upgrade, please contact us for details.
Even though we hope no one ever needs it, here’s our emergency kit for rabbits in case of accidents, sudden illnesses, or natural disasters! Ask your vet for additional items to complete your kit, such as metacam (a prescription pain medication), and for first aid instructions. It’s also a good idea to have a hard-shell pet carrier with a towel to sit on ready for any emergencies. We recommend that you add dry treats and/or pellets (if you feed them), and hay. All kits ship within 3 business days.
The following items are included in the kit and come in a red travel bag.
- Povidone Iodine Swabsticks (5): first aid antiseptic to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns
- Neosporin (6): first aid antibiotic to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns; 1/32oz
- Symethicone Infant Gas Drops: relieve the discomfort of gas
- Saline Wipes (2): for cleansing eye area as well as cuts and scrapes
- Puppy Training Pads (2): use under blanket in carrier to absorb urine
- Hand Sanitizer: for humans only; use if soap and water are not available; 0.5 fl oz
- 100% Petroleum Jelly: use to lubricate tip of thermometer (not included); 1oz
- Covers (4): for tip of thermometer (not included)
- Gauze Pads: 2×2” and 4×4”
- Syringe (4): sterile; 1cc for medication
- Oral Feeding Syringe (1): non-sterile; 35cc NEW
- Kraft Paper Bag (2): for hay (hay not included)
- Cotton Balls
- Cotton Swabs
- Water: 10 fl oz
- Oxbow Critical Care (Apple Banana): premium recovery food; can be syringe-fed if rabbit is unwilling to eat due to illness, surgery, or poor nutritional status; 141g
- All Natural Baby Food: flavor depends on availability; bought in small quantities for best expiration date
- Styptic Powder: stops minor bleeding after nail trimming; by Furbuster; pack of 2
- 3M Vetrap Bandages: self-adherent bandaging tape; also used to prevent sore hocks; 2″ x 5 yards stretched
- Bag Balm: treat minor sores and irritation; 1oz
- Scissors: blunt-tipped
- Anti-Pill Fleece: fabric, 18×29″
- Food Storage Container with Lid: use as water bowl or to prepare Critical Care
- Plastic Freezer Bag (2): for dry food (pellets or treats; food not included); quart
- Plastic Freezer Bag: to keep kit dry; red travel bag is not waterproof; 2 gallon
- Furimals Warming and Cooling Pet Mat: optional addition to kit; 13x9x1.8″; may be drop-shipped
Possible Additions (not included):
- Pain Medication such as Metacam (consult vet, this is prescription medication)
- Digital Rectal Thermometer
- Electrolyte Replacement Drink (unflavored Pedialyte for infants)
Please note that we are no vets and all items included in the kit are simply collected as options in case of emergency. Bunny Approved is not responsible for the correct use of the products and we recommend that you go over the contents of the kit with your vet. Dosages of Symethicone and Critical Care depend on the rabbit’s size; please ask your vet for the right dosage for your rabbit. The kit is not a substitute for proper medical assistance.
Questions about the kit?
What is the expiration date on the items included?
Povidone Iodine Swabsticks Exp. 08/17
Neosporin Exp. 03/17 or later
Symethicone Infant Gas Drops Exp. 11/17 or later
Saline Wipes Exp. 10/17 or later
Oxbow Critical Care Exp. 05/17 or later
Hand Sanitizer Exp. 11/17
All Natural Baby Food Exp. 04/17
Can I purchase refills from you?
Yes! Everyone who owns one of our kits can contact us for refills. We cannot guarantee that we always have everything in stock, though. If we don’t, it might take up to 2 weeks to re-order.
Are you going to make a smaller kit in the future?
At this point we do not have plans to create other kits. However, a few items included in the kit are available separately on our website.
Why is the kit so expensive?
Because it’s filled with tons of stuff! If you purchased each item yourself, online or at local stores, you’d actually end up paying more for everything. And let me tell you, it took me 3+ weeks to track everything down, choose the right product, the best source, and get everything over here.
There is a product that should be included in this kit, but isn’t. Would you consider adding it?
Yes! Please send us an email and we might include it in a future updated kit.